Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Vintage Buttons

vintage buttons Vintage Buttons are extremely fun to look at! I can just sit for hours looking at them. I remember as a little girl looking through my grandmother's button collection one by one. I would have loved to have her entire collection of buttons. Here are some of her buttons in a jar I was lucky to get after my grandmother passed away. I have had this jar of buttons for a few years and finally decided that I needed to go ahead and make SOMETHING with them besides just using them in a clasp. I wanted to make them a focal point in a jewelry piece. I decided the two buttons in the front of the picture I am going to use as a pendant. I have already glued the two buttons together with E6000 adhesive, but I need some more bead colors to get started. I think the top button is Bakelite, but I am not positive.

My goal is to get a necklace made before Christmas using the two buttons as the pendant. Tomorrow I will go shopping for the rest of the beads I need.

No comments: