Thursday, December 21, 2006

Completed Vintage Buttons Necklace

vintage buttons necklace
Here is the completed necklace. I used peyote stitch all around the vintage buttons pendant with size 11/0 and 15/0 seed beads. I used the "rapid decrease" method in the above linked document to make sure my stitches were tight around the pendant. The bail was made with 16 rows of peyote stitch folded over and stitched. For the back of the pendant, I glued deerskin leather to the Lacy's Stiff Stuff and whip-stitched the edges.

I used three needles making this necklace...I don't remember why, but two of them broke. I'm glad I met my deadline for making this. I had wanted to finish my necklace before Christmas Eve to show to my aunt... so now I have time to wrap my Christmas presents and cook and not have to worry anymore about getting this done.

No comments: