Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Bead Weaving

Here is a bracelet I made based upon a design called, "Eternal Garden" , shared by a lady outside Nashville, TN. I have made two of these so far. It took a while to make, but was fun. I made this at the end of summer of this year.

The bracelet used many seed beads. Bead weaving with a square stitch base and fringe work was used to make the bracelet. It is outlined with a picot edging using Japanese Miyuki drops. It also has a vintage button from my grandmother's button collection as part of the clasp.

After making the first of these bracelets, I bought a good beading table and bead matt. The dining room table just wouldn't do any more. Plus, now I can bead in front of the television... not that I'm watching it.

3 comments:

LJ said...

Oh-oh. Beading table? Beading mat?
You're in real trouble now!
This bracelet is absolutely gorgeous. Lovely color choices, too.
Cheers!

beadbytes said...

Thanks for the compliment on the bracelet. Yeah! I don't see how I did without the beading table... geez I was tired of stooping over my dining room table.

The Lone Beader® said...

Wow!! I love this bracelet! It msut be so much fun to wear:)