Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tater Tot Hotdish



This post is for THE LONE BEADER. This recipe contains NO BEADS.

"Tater Tot Hotdish" is a recipe shared by my friend from Minnesota. She told me several years ago that it was her husband's favorite food that she cooked. After I found out that "hotdish" is the same thing that we call here in the south, "casserole", I was intrigued. Anything with tater tots has gotta be good I thought. After making it... I found out... it really is very good. This is not to be considered diet food by any means. I'm afraid to know how many fat grams and calories are contained in this delicacy.

There are many variations of this recipe which can be found on the Internet. Here is the recipe I used. It is very easy to make.


Tater Tot Casserole

2 lb. Ground Chuck
1 Onion, chopped
12 oz. Sour Cream
10 3/4 oz. can Cream of Chicken Soup
10 3/4 oz. can Cream of Mushroom Soup
16 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
1 lg. Bag of Tater Tots

Brown ground chuck and chopped onion. Season with salt and pepper. Drain. Layer other ingredients into baking dish. Top with large bag of Tater Tots. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until brown and heated through.


ENJOY!


2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Thanks for posting that! I've never seen tater tots used in that manner before. LOL. Sounds interesting...It uses all ingredients I like... Guess I'll have to print out the recipe and try it sometime... Could you use ground sirloin, as well?? =:)

beadbytes said...

I'm sure you could use ground sirloin. You could probably make it without any meat at all.