Monday, January 15, 2007

Bead Embroidery


Here is what I have done so far on my first bead embroidery project. Guess what? Except for the stone, I am going to be pulling out all of it because I am not happy with it. I love size 11/0 beads for everything else.. but geez.. for bead embroidery.. they are enormous...especially since this is a small piece vs. a large one. This is going to be a necklace for my mom, so it must look spectacular. The teacher for the class did warn us that we might be pulling out some of our work before we were happy with it. I am going to go to my local bead store to get more 15/0 beads and other beads to sew onto the piece. So.. starting over.

My bead embroidery class was VERY disappointing. Not very many people were prepared. One person used interfacing for the beadwork that was so thin, the beads tore through it. The actual class consisted of the teacher drawing the back stitch on a dry-erase board and that was it. What a waste of money that was. I already knew the back stitch.

Hopefully after I pull out these beads and get more size 15/0 beads, things will get better. So... How many times have YOU started over with a jewerly piece?

2 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

Have you looked at my EBSQ LIve presentation?? It is a basic tutorial for bead embroidery.

And, you're not alone. I rip beads out all the time. But, sometimes, I just leave it, and bead right over the top of the beads I didn't like. Just have a little patience, and try to think outside of the box....you just might surprise yourself.

Also, I need to get some of those embroidery blanks. They're very cool. And, I thought your project was looking just fine.... I'll be checking back later=:)

Anonymous said...

hello ! your blog is georgous !! I like it !!!! frany