Wednesday, January 24, 2007

All Glued Up - Bead Embroidery

Here is the result after gluing the beaded Lacy's stiff stuff to the brass blank. I also glued the deer leather to the other side of the brass blank. After trimming the leather and the Lacy's stiff stuff, I whipped stitched the deer leather to the Lacy's stiff stuff. ( Yes, I did break a needle sewing through the deer leather) You can use Ultrasuede, I just have lots of deer leather. The strings through the piece in the picture are for finding holes later when I need to connect the chain to the embroidery. The brass blank was made with two holes so you can attach a chain to the finished piece.

I am probably going to used root beer and topaz colored size 11/0 beads for the chain. I will be doing a spiral type chain to attach to the bead embroidery.

3 comments:

SuzyQ said...

Hi! You change up your blog and I love it!!!! Also love the bead embroidery!
Sue

The Lone Beader® said...

I also like the new look of your blog. And, your bead embroidery looks fabulous!! And, you keep reminding me, I really need to get some of those blanks.... =:)

beadbytes said...

Thank you SUZYQ and LB for your wonderful comments.