Thursday, January 11, 2007

Beads Losing Color - Bad Beads Part II

I have been researching on "Google" about beads since I was still frustrated and confused about beads losing their color. I have found out some information, so I will share it with you.

According to some people, the country origin and "brand" of beads is important in determining the finish quality of the beads. However, others disagree and state it is the "type" of bead that determines if a finish will last. This article about beads I found was very helpful: http://www.beadwrangler.com/aboutbeads.htm

My local bead store has a disclaimer on their website. Here it is: "NOTE: The finishes/colors on beads that are metallic, galvanized, or dyed may rub off or bleed with handling. Please use a spray fixative like Krylon with these beads."

My conclusion: Always spray your beads if you want a permanent color finish or if you just are not sure about the finish of the beads. I found that no matter what brand or origin of the beads..... no bead is perfect. Sad, but true.

No comments: